A WaPo headline shrieked that “Biden stimulus showers money on Americans, sharply cutting poverty in defining move of presidency.” When they got backlash, they altered it slightly to “Biden stimulus showers money on Americans, sharply cutting poverty and favoring individuals over businesses.” It’s that whole “sharply cutting poverty” thing that makes this fake news fake forever.
Left and right panned the WaPo headline for being propaganda.
Good question, @rayortz.
The Daily Wire noted some of those who responded:
- Kelley Paul, wife of Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY): “Creepy headline worthy of North Korea. Jeff Bezos’ Washington Post letting us know all is well— keep taking your Soma, watching Netflix, and ordering from Amazon, because Biden is ‘showering’ us with money!”
- Josh Jordan: “Did Joe Biden write this headline?”
- Jessica Taylor, former GOP congressional candidate, “More like: Biden stimulus saddles debt on Americans, furthering poverty in opening move of presidency.”
- Peter Daou, left-wing activist: “PROPAGANDA”
- Tom Franklin, news editor: “Are they serious? I spent part of my youth in an impoverished home. A one-time $1,400 payment doesn’t ‘sharply cut poverty’. It’s a band-aid on a deep cut gushing blood. It improves a man in poverty…for now. Then it’s right back to diving in the couch cushions for quarters.”
- Rep. Warren Davidson (R-OH): “As my friend @APompliano wisely observed, by this logic, after the previous +$4-trillion spent, the wealth gap in America would be closing, not expanding. This bill destroys the dollar, expands the wealth gap, and fails to provide the most essential stimulus checks-paychecks.”
- Christopher White, news producer: “It’s gonna be very difficult for peeps on the bottom rungs of the economic totem pole to stay afloat in an economy beset with tons of inflationary pressures without a substantial min wage increase. Prices are gonna increase and it’s gonna suck for a lot of folks on the low end.”
- Rep. Burgess Owens (R-UT): “Seems unbiased to me. Maybe they’ll even start hammering him with tough questions like ‘what’s your favorite color?’.”
- Tatjana Pasalic: “I moved from Eastern Europe so I don’t have to read such disgusting propaganda. Nobody is being lifted from poverty by receiving a one time payment of $1,400. Get out of here with this bs.”
- Chris Pack, GOP strategist: “Go take a cold shower, WaPo.”
- Ian Miles Cheong: “China would never even write something so nakedly sycophantic about Xi Jinping. This is North Korean levels of Pravda.”
- Abdul Dremali: “….did joe biden write this?”
- Andy Specht, reporter: “What an embarrassing tweet.”
- Elijah Schaffer, The Blaze: “Joseph Goebbles would be proud of this one.”
- Matt Welch, Reason Editor at large: “One of the purposes of journalism is to measure tangible impact as opposed to projections or intent.”
- Max Abrahms, professor: “Great journalism, not embarrassing at all.”
- Stephen Miller, political commentator: “North Korea is asking you to tone it down a bit.”
- Left Voice: “The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos and it shows. This aint a shower. It’s a tiny drop in the bucket.”
The fact is, a one time payment of $1,400 will do nothing to “sharply cut poverty.” Even with a plethora of children to add to the total, it is a drop in the bucket. JOBS are the answer, and Biden has already destroyed those. The Federal government can’t lift people out of poverty, only a steady income from jobs can do that. Unless the Democrats plan to provide a steady income to Americans past this “stimulus” bill.
According to the US Census, 34 million people lived in poverty in 2019, which was 4.2 million fewer than 2018. But with the shutting down of the Keystone XL pipeline and new fracking leases, job availability slowed dramatically. And that was only the first month. Even though Biden inherited a robust economy from Trump, eventually it will catch up to the cuts.
Featured photo: xconomy.com stock photo
Sign up for our Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children newsletter and check out our shop while you’re there! Our website link has been censored on Facebook and Instagram, so be sure to visit us on the web or Twitter, Parler, MeWe page and group, GAB, and new Instagram account is here. Please note that the Instagram account is brand new as of January 13. Yes, Facebook-Instagram took us down again. Please share the new account. Here is the link to our new gun store athttps://unclesamsguns.com/.