Via the Army Times – The US Military is set to lose 40,000 more troops and pink slips for an additional 17,000 civilian staff over the next 2 years, as the economies of the communities that host them are also set up for disaster.
Destruction of America’s military power
The Army has already dumped 80,000 troops- this new level draws the number down to 450,000, and it may drop to 420,000 if Congress does not remove the budget caps. The government seems to believe we are not at war. Anywhere. With anyone.
The Army Times reported,
The number of BCTs, the Army’s primary fighting formations, will continue to reduce from a wartime high of 45 to 30 by the end of fiscal 2017. This means the Army plans to cut two more BCTs in addition to the 13 it inactivated over the last few years.
Brigades at Fort Benning, Georgia, and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Alaska will be downsized from units of about 4,000 soldiers to battalion task forces of 1,050 soldiers. The brigades affected are 3rd BCT, 3rd Infantry Division at Fort Benning and 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Alaska.
2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division in Hawaii will convert from a Stryker brigade to an infantry brigade.
The Army continues to analyze a proposal to use 2nd BCT, 25th Infantry’s Strykers to convert an Army National Guard BCT to a Stryker unit. This Guard BCT would be based in the Pacific Northwest.
Things to think about
1. Obama continue to claim we are not at “war” with ISIS, or Islam. The Muslim Brotherhood has infiltrated the US government so far that they get preferred treatment at the White House. Fox News, and the American Christians and citizens seem to be the President’s biggest targets.
2. The airstrikes- sorties – often return with no bombs dropped at all about 75% of the time.
3. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter told Congress on Tuesday that so far only 60 Syrian fighters were vetted in a $500 Million program to train “moderate” Syrian rebels. First you have to find a “moderate” Syrian rebel.
4. The sanctions relief for Iran would give them the capital – they already have the desire- to create more mayhem in the Middle East. They may be able to produce a nuclear weapon far more quickly than we think they can- because they have stalled. Were they just waiting until the money is released? Is that why they’ve pushed so hard for the sanctions to be removed?
5. Think also about Russia and the Ukraine crisis: Their current active front line duty strength is listed as 766,055. They have active reserves of 2,485,000. They have increased their military spending on a regular basis. All while the US continues to downgrade our capabilities.
Of course that does not take into account the advance of technology in the Armed Forces of America. But the ability to deploy troops- their readiness- is one of the things we have always maintained over and above other countries. The Army stated to Congress in 2013 that dropping the levels down any lower could severely restrict our ability to prevail in any kind of conflict.
6. ISIS claims to have 200,000 fighters, although the CIA says it is more likely around 20,000-31,500. It only took 800 ISIS fighters to send Iraqi’s fleeing for the hills during the battle at Mosul in June of 2014.
That figure doesn’t take into account Al-Qaeda, Boko Haram, Al-Shabaab, Ansar Al-Shariah, and every other tom-dick-hairy (not a typo) terrorist group that wants to take out the United States.
So let’s ask the obvious question – is Obama actively trying to destroy the military because of his personal hatred for it? Sure seems like it.