Sr. Airman Shawn McKeough Killed While Trying to Stop Robbery, Suspects Arrested

By Faye Higbee

Little Rock, AR – Sr Airman Shawn McKeough, 23, had served in the USAF since 2015. His tours of duty included Kuwait, Germany, and South Korea. He was recipient of two Air Force Achievement Medals. But on Friday, March 15, he tried to stop a robbery at the Valero Big Red Store in North Little Rock and was murdered. Four suspects have been arrested.

Sr. Airman Shawn McKeough photo: Michelle Gray via Twitter.

“We are heartbroken to have lost a valued member of our Team Little Rock family. Shawn’s death will be felt by each of us, and we are committed to supporting his loved ones and fellow airmen during this very difficult time.” Col. Gerald Donohue, 19th Logistics Readiness Squadron

Central Maine reported:

Shawn Mckeough Jr. and Sarah Terrano, natives of Westbrook, were nearing the three-year mark of their relationship. She had moved with him to Arkansas, where Mckeough was stationed as a senior airman at Little Rock Air Force Base.

At the Valero Big Red store in North Little Rock, Mckeough and two friends went inside. Terrano stayed in the car. A moment later, she saw two other men run toward the entrance. She didn’t know what was happening until she saw the men raise their arms, first toward the cashier and then at the customers.

She didn’t see the gunshot, but she heard it. The two men left the store without taking the money they had come for. Terrano ran inside, but it was too late.

” To fight for your country and then die like this …”
Lisa Marie Hebert, Shawn’s Mother

Four suspects have been arrested in connection with the murder:
Drequan Lamont Robinson, 18, Darrius Stewert, 17, Keith Harris, 18, and Keith Kenshawn Harris, 16, (driver of the getaway car). All suspects face capital Murder charges along with Aggravated Robbery. The juveniles are being charged as adults. All four suspect are being held at the
Pulaski County Regional Detention Facility in Little Rock.

Sr. Airman Shawn McKeough was a native of Westbrook, Maine. He was assigned to the 19th Logistics Readiness Squadron in north Little Rock. His body was escorted back to Maine on Thursday.