This story was published in December of 2014, the list of rules of engagement was obtained from another source (and no we can’t remember what that was). But it is as relevant today as it was when it was written.
A little humor with the truth for today.
Rules for Kickin’ Ass :
Rules for the Non-Military
Dear Civilians, we know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military.
For those of you who can’t join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
- The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem – kick their ass.
- When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest – kick their ass.
- Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
- If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be ‘Special Forces’. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia might have been okay when you were seven years old, but now it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
- Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, ‘Do you fly a jet?’ Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).
- If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard ‘non-military’, inform them of their mistake – and kick their ass.
- Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. This includes arrogant politicians who think someone may be offended. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her – of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
- ‘Your mama wears combat boots’ never made sense to me – stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!
- ‘Flyboy’ (Air Force), ‘Jarhead’ (Marines), ‘Grunt’ (Army), ‘Squid’ (Navy), ‘Puddle Jumpers'(Coast Guard), ‘Bubblehead’ (Submarine Sailor), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.
- Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.
- It’s the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press. It’s the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It’s the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It’s the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
Oh, AND ONE MORE:
- If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish -KICK THEIR ASS.
With the number of “Stolen Valor” stories in the news lately I thought this was a good list. We as Veterans have put our lives on the line so you can enjoy the full extent of the freedoms and rights of this glorious country. Some of us came back to friends and family. Some never made it. They gave the ultimate price. This to secure this country’s heritage as the shining light on the hill.
Respect our men and women of the Armed forces. Respect our heritage. Respect the symbols of this great nation!