Three Congressmen, members of the “Congressional Freethought Caucus” signed a letter to Joe Biden, asking that he do several things to remove Christian influence from America. Illinois Congressman Sean Casten, Maryland Congressmean Jamie Raskin, and California Congressman Jared Huffman sent a letter endorsed by California Congressman Jerry McNerny that demanded several things that Biden could do to remove all Christian influence from America.
Throwing the Constitution under the secular bus
Those steps to remove Christian influence are found at the Illinois Review:
- Eliminate government support for all crisis pregnancy centers and all abstinence-only education programs in schools.
- Deny free speech and religious liberty to select Americans based on their religious beliefs.
- Incentivize states to strip parents of all non-medical exemptions to mandatory vaccinations for children in schools or daycare centers.
- Remove “In God We Trust” from U.S. currency.
- Repeal the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA)
- Rescind and replace the Trump DOJ’s federal protections for religious liberty.
- Appoint an attorney general who will support governors whose emergency COVID-19 executive orders restrict gatherings at houses of worship.
- Reverse the Trump administration policies that have allowed faith-based government-funded contractors to provide adoption and foster care services and work with Congress to pass the Every Child Deserves a Family Act.
- Fully and robustly fund “comprehensive” sex education, which to the leftist means encouraging elementary and middle school-age children to declare themselves one of dozens of made-up non-biological gender identities and learn how to engage in various deviant forms of sex.
- Work with governors to educate and combat Project Blitz and encourage the introduction of the Do No Harm Act at the state level. [Project Blitz is a pro-family lobbying group described by the Secular Democrats as “a coordinated effort by Christian Nationalists to inject religion into public education, attack reproductive healthcare, and undermine LGBTQ equality using a distorted definition of ‘religious freedom.’”
- The document tells Biden: “We urge you to avoid invoking the phrase ‘Judeo-Christian values,’ as it has been weaponized by the religious right to advance an agenda that has the veneer of inclusivity but actually undermines religious freedom and tolerance and does not represent tens of millions of Americans implicitly excluded from its formulation.
These Congressmen all have an obvious hatred of the Constitution that they want to remove Christian influence from America. Freedom of religion is one of our most basic rights, and the reason that America was founded in the first place. Government interference of the sort that has occurred during the pandemic in blue states that have locked down churches is past egregious and into plain evil.
These plans destroy your rights to the free exercise of your faith. Will you allow it?
Featured photo: L- Jamie Raskin, C- Jared Huffman, R- Sean Casten
Sign up for our Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children newsletter and check out our shop while you’re there! Our website link has been censored on Facebook and Instagram, so be sure to visit us on the web or Twitter, Parler, and Me We for our op-eds on the news. Our new Instagram account is here. Please note that Parler is currently off line, and the Instagram account is brand new as of January 13. Yes, Facebook-Instagram took us down again. Please share the new account.