Gainesville Police are famous for prolific Facebook Postings because they want important information to get out, particularly after many of the roads in the city were blocked or flooded after Hurricane Irma. They work at keeping some of their posts light in view of difficult circumstances. Maybe a little more “light” than they expected. When they posted a photo of three of their officers, it went viral. Uh, with women. And it just got worse as the days passed even when they posted a police dog picture.
The photo had this caption: “Officers Nordman, Hamill, and Rengering, part of the night crew getting ready to do some work.”
Caption? What caption? Women were ready and willing to do anything these three officers asked. Ahem. Anything. The post gained 181,164 comments so far. Subsequent posts also gained quite a bit of action. Not THAT kind of action…knock it off.
It was so bad that the department had to put out an update:
1. We are dying with the comments. You’ve actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your “incident”
6. There WILL be a calendar.
But they did try to pawn off some of the attention on Sarasota PD:
That is Maverick. He was ready to play, just waiting for someone to throw the ball. His post even got some sexy comments. When you’re hot, you’re hot, apparently.
Then there was this post:
All in all the Gainesville Police had fun with it in spite of all the work they and their colleagues had to do during and after the hurricane. This department definitely has a sense of humor! And numerous handsome officers. Cough.