Capitol Campus on Lockdown; Capitol Police Officer Killed, Another Injured After Car Rams Barricade in DC. Suspect Deceased.

The Capitol Campus was on lockdown this afternoon when a Capitol Police officer was killed and another injured after a man driving a blue sedan rammed into a barricade. The suspect then exited the vehicle and lunged at officers with a knife. A police officer shot the suspect. Both officers and the suspect were transported to the hospital where one officer and the suspect were pronounced deceased.

Capitol Police referred to the incident as an “external security threat” and a critical incident for locking down the Capitol campus. The condition of the second officer is unknown at this time.

We are devastated to share the sad news that one of our officers involved in this afternoon’s incident has passed away. USCP is working to notify the officer’s next of kin before it releases any more information.

Just after 1 p.m. a man in a blue sedan rammed his vehicle into the North barricade at the U.S. Capitol, striking 2 USCP officers. The Department immediately locked down the Capitol Campus. Theman exited the vehicle with a knife and ran toward our officers. At least one officer drew their wepaon and shot the suspect. One USCP officer was transported by a USCP cruiser to the hospital. the second officer was transported by DC Fire and EMS. The suspect was also transported by DC Fire and EMS to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries at around 1:30 p.m.

The investigation is ongoing. We will provide more details when we can.

Capitol Police press release

USCP officer William Billy Evans – an 18 year veteran of the force.

USCP officer William “Billy” Evans – End of Watch 4-2-2021

“It is with profound sadness that I share the news of the passing of Officer William ‘Billy’ Evans this afternoon from injuries he sustained following an attack at the North Barricade by a lone assailant. Officer Evans had been a member of the United States Capitol Police for 18 years.  He began his USCP service on March 7, 2003, and was a member of the Capitol Division’s First Responder’s Unit. Please keep Officer Evans and his family in your thoughts and prayers.” 

Acting Police Chief Yogananda Pittman

The National Guard deployed an Immediate Response Force to the scene. Reportedly they arrived wtihin 30 minutes, as opposed to the 4 hours it took on Jan 6th.

We will update this story with the name of the suspect when it its released.


Featured photo: screenshot via Twitter of suspect vehicle

Sign up for our Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children newsletter and check out our shop while you’re there! Our website link has been censored on Facebook and Instagram, so be sure to visit us on the web or TwitterParlerMeWe page and groupGAB, and new Instagram account is here. Please note that the Instagram account is brand new as of January 13. Yes, Facebook-Instagram took us down again. Please share the new account. Here is the link to our new gun store at